CMOS vs CCD

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
hariseldon2007
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: CMOS vs CCD
In reply to tele_player, Sep 21, 2012

I still use a D200 and it can produce excellent images with good light, but it is not handled well by Lightroom, it takes a lot of work to produce a good image,my M9 produces great images with much less effort in Lightroom.

The early signs from my recently acquired D800 are encouraging. I don't think we should worry unduly what is inside the sensor, just judge the results.

Likewise with the equipment , the Nikon with 24/70 f2.8 is an excellent tool to respond to a variety of shooting opportunities quickly, the M9 is discreet and I think one is more thoughtful. The combination of the two is brilliant.

The new M sounds a very interesting blend of the old and new but I suspect I will not change my M9 in a hurry!

I think the idea of splitting the M into a no frills digital rangefinder AND a rangefinder combined with modern mirror less camera, EVF, focus peaking , GPS, grips, video etc is brilliant , as the new camera can be stripped back to the basic form as well.

I suspect Leica would not go down this route if the new sensor is anything less than outstanding , looking forward to seeing the comparison shots when they become available.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow