S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,827Gear list
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to Bruce Hunter, Sep 21, 2012

Bruce Hunter wrote:

Tonight, September 20th, I received a call from Best Buy saying that repair of my camera was not cost effective but I could come in and choose another ( new ) S100 . So, I went into Best Buy tonight and chose another S100...... one outside of the "bad " serial number range and with a full year's manufacturer's warranty. The lens error problem is the only ( but major ) negative I found with this camera. Otherwise, it is the best pocket camera I've ever owned .

Bruce, sorry you have had so much trouble. I can't help but respond (I'm sure the subject has been discussed to death, and I apologize for this out of place post) to your comment about the S100 being the best pocket camera you have owned...and I'm sure that's true...I never owned an S100, but did own a S90 and loved it.

I have now dug deeper and bought a Sony RX100 and after some extended use I must report that it runs circles around my S90....it's resolution is excellent which offers deep cropping.... as are many other features of this pocketable camera.

Again, my apologies to gail and others, but I just felt that others might be interested in my experience.

-- hide signature --
 Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow