Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADW101
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Wise for 7D owner to go FF with 6D?
Sep 21, 2012

I like the reach of the 7D, but I'd also like a FF camera that's on a par with the 5DMkIII in terms of image quality and low-light focusing and noise. At least according to Ken Rockwell, the 6D is the FF this hobbyist is looking for.

It seems to me that I'd be smart to sell my 40D body, my 20D infrared body (since I rarely take infrared pics anymore), and my EF-S 10-22, and use the money to apply toward a 6D and wide-angle L lens. The $1,400 I'd save from not buying the 5DIII would pretty much allow me to buy the lens.

I love to take landscapes, so the 6D is appealing, but I don't want to lose the advantages of the 7D either. Since I would eventually purchase the 5DIII to go full-frame if the 6D hadn't come along, it seems that it would be smart to keep my crop camera and buy the 6D, since the extra features of the 5DIII wouldn't be important to me anyway.

As for why I might not want to buy the 5DII, please read Ken Rockwell's report on the 6D.

Thanks for all advice.

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow