S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
gail
Forum ProPosts: 13,643Gear list
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to Bruce Hunter, Sep 21, 2012

Bruce Hunter wrote:

On September 9th, after my second lens error problem , I brought my Canon S100 back to Best Buy for return to the Canon Repair Center. I was told the camera should be repaired and back to me by September 21st.

Tonight, September 20th, I received a call from Best Buy saying that repair of my camera was not cost effective but I could come in and choose another ( new ) S100 . So, I went into Best Buy tonight and chose another S100...... one outside of the "bad " serial number range and with a full year's manufacturer's warranty.

Good news!

However, if you did not buy an extended warranty from Best Buy, why are they handling the return?

I bought my S100 from BB too but had no idea I could bring it into them if I had a problem. If I'm understanding you correctly, this is very good to know. I paid to have my camera insured and shipped to Canon the first time; Canon paid the second time.

gail's gear list:gail's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow