EF 200-400mm f4l coming this year-end ?

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
erbtype
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
Re: I'd choose the Sigma 120-300/2.8 OS
In reply to Lee Jay, Sep 21, 2012

Firstly, same league? That's all a bit vague. Say you've got 20 teams in a football league. The bottom team is rubbish and wins nothing, the top team wins everything. Saying they're in the same league just glosses over the fact one team is crap and the other isn't.

Secondly, I'd be mightily peeved if a £5k (UK) lens didn't perform as well as a £1k (UK) lens.

ljfinger wrote:

rebel99 wrote:

LOL, the only problem is that the sigma jellybean lenses are not in the same league as Canon or Nikon big primes, but i am glad you are happy happy zooming.

I have a Sigma 15mm fisheye that's every bit as good as my 35/1.4L. Two friends of mine that I trust have had the old version of the 120-300 and both said it was in the same league as the 300/2.8L, and both had that lens too. Romy (liquidstone) has the Sigma 300-800 and he showed it was every bit as good as the 400/5.6L, but not quite as good as the 400/2.8L.

Since this 120-300 is now new-and-improved twice , it remains to be seen if it's really inferior to the competition, but the experience above shows that it might well be a solid performer.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow