Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harold Olivier
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
John Carlson is either a poor Pentax historian or
Sep 21, 2012

John Carlson is either very poor at Pentax history or really bad at arithmetic. From the interview at http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7927911437/photokina-2012-interview-john-carlson-of-pentax:

"...there's the heritage of the K-mount, which has been around for almost 30 years."

Jane and I bought a Pentax Me and a Pentax MX and several Pentax lenses in 1976, which is more than 30 years (if my arithmetic doesn't fail me, that was 36 years ago). The K mount is at least a year older than that.

I may be alone on this, but it seems to me that the "Sr. Manager of Sales & Marketing at Pentax Imaging USA" ought to know more about his employer's history than he appears to. I also think that the interview didn't reveal much more than Carlson's ignorance, both on the past and future of Pentax.

(I searched the forum to see if this topic had been posted already, but found nothing. If it has been posted previously, I apologize to the earlier poster for splitting away from his thread.)

Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow