Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sooflyfisher
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Getting around with large lenses.
Sep 21, 2012

Hey everyone, I just picked up my new Sigma 120-300 f2.8 OS yesterday. First thought on it is wow! its a big lens! The question I have for those of you with large lenses is what do you find the easiest way to get around with them? The weight is not a concern for me, I'm just looking to figure out the best easiest ways to have the lens with me. I've looked into larger bags, and think a backpack is the only thing I will find that will fit this lens. Also when attached to the camera and shooting, what is the best safest way? Obviously I dont want to just be leaving hanging from my neck with the camera strap. I also plan on getting a monopod which I intend to use a lot. Is it safe to lean the monopod against your shoulder with lens and camera attached?

Just looking for ideas and tips from those that have experiece with larger lenses.

Thanks

Mike

sooflyfisher's gear list:sooflyfisher's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow