FoCal microadjust on EF-100mm macro - strange results

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Miroslav_1
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Re: FoCal microadjust on EF-100mm macro - strange results
In reply to syraz, Sep 21, 2012

syraz wrote:

The strange thing is that at the mfd (say 8 inches) there is absolutely NO difference at all whether I dial in a value of -20, 0 or +20. That is to say the subject is in perfect focus whatever the value I enter.

I can confirm the same on my 5D3 & 100mm L. I printed the target on inkjet paper with Epson R1800.

My system: FoCal v1.6 on Windows 7, Canon 5D3 on tripod, outdoor/daylight.

Beside above issue I noticed few more:

1. From time to time when prompted to change the value I was not able to open on 5D3 microadjustement setup (before that I left 5D3 in Menue - AF - microadjustment). FoCal crashed and I have to start the program again.

2. After few crashes I was not able anymore to start the window with Target Setup. Complete reinstallation of the program including system restore was needed to resolve the problem.

According to my first experience the final result of this semiautomatic mode isn't better than classic method you mentioned before. I lost few hours during setup, reading the manual and testing 6 lenses on 5D3 :(.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow