Time to ditch the DSLR?

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
satureyes
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to ditch the DSLR?
In reply to phototrope, Sep 21, 2012

Well.. I carry 2 of everything not because I want to bit because I need to in case of kit failure or some other possible issue. I don't always carry the 2 bodies while I shoot but I need a backup- isn't this common practice?

I can't explain to my fee paying clients that I've ballsed up and motto worry that they only have half the coverage because my camera is jammed etc.

Also as for weight. It's all or nothing with me. I have all L glass and fast glass. I don't want to trade them for other L glass.

I have 3 Leica primes. And the value for me as we'll as the gorgeous quality is the size. I don't think I'd be putting R lenses on the new M any time soon because that's more weight issue and size of kit etc.

Anyways. It's more about whether I take the leap of faith and trade app my canon gear in or retain a small amount as a comfort blanket
--
feed | your | minds | eye
http://www.satureyes.com
twitter: @satureyes

satureyes's gear list:satureyes's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow