Scared to buy NEX 5N. Need advice from owners please..

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dreamcast
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Scared to buy NEX 5N. Need advice from owners please..
In reply to thesilverfox, Sep 21, 2012

thesilverfox wrote:

All your issues are about taking video yet, primarily, this camera is a stills camera with a video facility thrown in.

If you only want to spend that much then you would be better off going for a dedicated camcorder,

Yeah

I already went that route. I bought the CX260V camcorder with the tiny little sensor. I think it's 1/4' and the stills were the worst quality I've ever seen in my life.

My phone with a pin hole camera take better photos and I'm not exaggerating here.

Logically I cant see paying 500 dollars for a video camera that takes shoddy low light and stills that look worse than 1950s photography.

Compare that to the NEX 5N having a massive sensor. Taking amazing high quality photos AND being able to produce better video.

If only it didn't have this odd heat problem. And to make matters worse I can't seem to find any micro four thirds or APS-C cameras in my 500$ budget range.

If I could find some competition to the NEX line. I would gladly switch to Nikon. I don't like Sony much anyways with my past dealings with the company.

Thanks for your info and if you can comment on this or anything else with suggestions I would love to hear them.

P.S, It seems like the camcorder market is aimed at people who just want a toy camera for vacations. The video they take isn't good compared to a DSLR of similar price.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow