D600 AF Coverage?

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
cdubman
Regular MemberPosts: 382
Like?
Re: D600 AF Coverage?
In reply to Varjohaltia, Sep 21, 2012

Thanks for the responses.

That pretty much made my decision to not buy the d600. I have one waiting for me at a local shop where I put a deposit down before it came out.

I'm very bummed though. Of course there are some things I would prefer to be a bit different, but I was willing to live with them and it appeared the d600 was the perfect camera for me.

However, I find the d7000 AF coverage a bit limiting at times with the way I shoot, so the d600 is a showstopper then.

Thanks again

Varjohaltia wrote:

In my thread about this... I can't compare to D800, but compared to a D300, relatively, they're all in the center of the frame. First gut reaction was: "Why even bother, just use the in the center now." It certainly will affect the way I frame and compose and focus things.

Basically, it's like you take a DX AF grid and plop that on a FX view without scaling it. So if you crop to DX, the grid is what you're used to. If you use FX, they're all in the middle.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow