DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
Re: 6D great addition to 7D!
In reply to Le Kilt, Sep 21, 2012

Le Kilt wrote:

Robert Krawitz wrote:

Flying Fish wrote:

Seems to me a 7D and 6D is a very logical combination. The 7D does action superbly; to beat it, you have to spend thousands of dollars and go to FF. The 6D looks as though it will do portraits, landscapes, and very low light situations as well as any DSLR on the planet. What's not to like about that combo?

If you want that, the 5D III offers both in one package and costs no more than the 7D + 6D (and you only need full-frame lenses).

I can think of one plausible use case for this kind of combination: someone who primarily shoots action with a heavy emphasis on wildlife, but who does occasional weddings on the side and wants to have two bodies for redundancy or two different focal lengths, but isn't prepared to invest in a 5D III. They'd use the 6D as their primary wedding camera, with the 7D for backup; for most everything else, they'd use the 7D. But that's a stretch.

I think you'd be surprised at the number of 5D2 owners that get a 7D for action and extra reach (I did).
Even when I replace the 5D2 by a 5D3, I'll keep the 7D for the reach.
So a 6D and 7D combination also makes a lot of sense to me.

Just wondering if you carry two bodies, or if you use alternating bodies depending on expected subject? thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow