aus_pic_hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
Re: Who is shooting in -3EV anyway?
In reply to JackM, Sep 21, 2012

JackM wrote:

tony field wrote:

Lovely shot indeed.

The actual camera exposure was EV 4. I doubt the hair is 7 stops down from the camera exposure?

Thanks. I don't know, but this helps my point - if this is EV 4, then -3 has got to be not worth shooting if people are involved!

It doesn't help your point much I think. It may be true for people photography but what about for instance landscape long exposures at dawn. The light levels are very low if you are doing a 5 min exposures and it would be great if the camera can still focus properly.

So my point is that if you think the light level is too low, just increase the exposure. If you only shoot people you have to ask them to sit very still.

-3eV AF is very useful in a lot of cases. I don't mind having just one super sensitive cross sensor. I currently use only one AF point anyway. If you do daytime action your requirements may be very different and you do care about having more cross sensors but you don't care about -3eV sensitivity. All photographers have different requirements. So don't say that some feature is not useful.

aus_pic_hunter's gear list:aus_pic_hunter's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW120 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow