From 7D to 6D. Worth it?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
Re: From 7D to 6D. Worth it?
In reply to Rakumi, Sep 21, 2012

Rakumi wrote:

The 7D is a better all around camera... but the 6D is for those who just want FF and do not need 8fps or crazy focusing. There is a large market for people who shoot 1 photo at a time and review their photos and just use the center focusing point. For these people, the 6D is the gateway to FF quality with no draw backs.

If I was not happy with my 60D like the way I am, I would surely grab a 6D.

When the 60D came out, I thought it was the greatest camera of all time because it fit my style. I know FF gives better images, and everything about the 6D seems pretty nice to me but I am still on the fence of whether I feel FF quality out weighs 1.5 crop extended view. I like having the extra reach. It is easier to go ultrawide on a crop than to go ultra telephoto on a FF.
--

Agree, the 60D is a very good all round camera. It's screen and light weight are real bonuses. Also, it might just win the prize for fewest complaints from owners . I guess it's partially because it uses tried and tested technology (e.g. focusing system, sensor, metering etc).

The 6D has the potential to have owner complaints due to new focusing (unless it was sourced from Nikons entry level cams), new sensor, GPS, WiFi. Canon has pumped out a lot of cams this year, so I imagine there's the possibility it's testing cycle has been a little rushed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow