Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clear glass
Contributing MemberPosts: 683
Like?
Scan Lines And Color Shift continued:
Sep 21, 2012

When I shot two images of a potted plant in front of the street, the lines appeared in the second shot. They also appeared in the next shot, on the subway. The black lines stand out more on darker areas but they're in the light areas too.

To recap: On manual, RAW: four shots with scan lines. Then six shots without. Then the second shot of the potted plant, where scan lines reappear; I just took four more shots at home, and the first had the lines, the second didn't, and the third and fourth did.

Camera and settings: XA1 Raw, Manual, Vivid: In the gallery: IS) 200. 1/25 at 2.8 Outside shots: ISO 100 1/200 at 5.6 for sky and building; 1/20 at f.4 for people and potted plant; in subway, ISO 200 for in subway; 1/20 at f:2 there; 1/20 at 1.8 and 2.5 at home. In between subway and home, camera was off.

The shots with horizontal lines also look like the illustration for unprocessed raw in the Learn section of DPR. The card is a Sandisk 8 gig Extreme, 30 MB/s, class 10. It currently has 1474 shots on it, of which the first 1225 are jpeg, the rest raw. It must be up to about capacity.

Questions: Has the camera perhaps switched to half-processed or unprocessed raw on he display screen because the card is almost out of space? Anyone ever had this happen to them? If none of this works, I suppose the processor or the sensor is not working properly and I'll have to send it back to Olympus. Too bad-- I love this camera.

Next steps (I'm thinking aloud here): Try a new card. Process the raw and see if the lines are still there.

I would include pictures to illustrate but I don't know how to include them here.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow