ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
image2paint
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
D800- ANNOYING AF-ASSIST Light problem
Sep 20, 2012

Hey guys,

Need help to turn off the AF-assist light during bracket shots using the timer mode. Also I don't use a cable release in my bracket shooting as I like to stay on the move and having another piece in the setup is not what I want so dont suggest using a cable release please. I like shooting my brackets in self-timer mode.

I am aware that you can just turn off the AF-Assist in the Menu as a Custom setting at A8 ! This turns it off for modes S (single frame), CL (continuous low speed), CH (continuous high speed), BUT !!! my problem is that when you use the (self-timer) mode, the one that looks like a little clock/timer the AF-ASSIST light turns itself back on even though it is off in Menu as a Custom setting at A8 !

ITS ANNOYING !!! at night because the flashing can reflect in glass or attract attention... people see a flashing light and their instinct is too look.

Has anyone figured out how to turn this off ? ? PLEASE I would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks Luke

-- hide signature --

Luke Zeme

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow