My next Sony will be a full frame but it may not be the a99.

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kirk Tuck
Senior MemberPosts: 1,924Gear list
Like?
My next Sony will be a full frame but it may not be the a99.
Sep 20, 2012

I've been poring over the specs for the VG-900 and, for a working commercial photographer, it would be an interesting and potentially profitable addition to an existing collection of Sony a77's and Nex 7's. The same full frame sensor as the a99, RAW file support, hot shoe and a lot of goodies. I'm still researching the VG 900 but as more and more of my clients request video for websites and presentations it might make more sense than the a99 because it adds more to the equation than just full frame. I understand that most people who don't have to earn their living with their cameras won't really care but it does seem like a pretty compelling argument for someone who wants full frame imaging and really good video capability. I haven't made my mind up yet but some far everything I've bought from Sony has worked out pretty well...

Besides the difference in handling there doesn't seem to be much downside.
--

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. http://www.kirktuck.com

Kirk Tuck's gear list:Kirk Tuck's gear list
Nikon D2Xs Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon D7100 Samsung Galaxy NX +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow