Alaska - D5100

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
EXDS
Regular MemberPosts: 308
Like?
Re: Alaska - D5100
In reply to upnorth47, Sep 20, 2012

I used the Clik Elite slightly more than my monopod and tripod. The bag functioned very well but can be a bit cumbersome in some ways so it's definitely a tradeoff. Having to look around the side of the camera when walking/looking around, making sure the lens doesn't bump anything in front of you, and the weight eventually becomes tiring after a number of hours. It's not that big of a deal to slide the camera/bag slightly to the side when walking a trail but it becomes a hassle eventually. I would probably not use it in difficult terrain.

Photos 2, 3, and 4 were taken with the bag. 1, 9, and 10 taken handheld. 5, 6, and 8 with tripod. 7, 11, and 12 were either taken with monopod or bag, I can't remember. And I did keep OS on when using the Clik Elite bag (since it functions similar to a monopod... and also despite the fast shutter speeds).

The ball head I used was an Oben BC-1, strong, stable, light but affordable. My only gripe is that the thumb tension screw keeps tightening on me.

Hope this helps and glad you like the lens!

upnorth47 wrote:

How often did you use the Clickelite bag vs the tripod? I'm interested on how the bag functioned for your trip. It looks like it would be easier to carry than a tripod but how did the photo's turn out? Can you tell me which photo's were taken using the Clickelite bag vs tripod vs handheld. Did you use the OS when using the Clickelite bag?

What model tripod head did you use? Was it hard to walk with the bag on able to see the trail or not? Thanks for any info that can help me decide whether to purchase the bag.... I bought the lens thanks in part to your photo's. Great len's!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow