Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thephotobox
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
What makes D600 non pro
Sep 20, 2012

1. I was wondering what exactly makes the D600 NOT a "pro level" camera. The specs seem on par with say, the 5D mkIII. Is it maybe the quality of sensor? the lack of CF card slot? plastic parts? It is described as weather resistant....

2. Furthermore, what would be the downside to a lack of CF card slot? (My thoughts are that if both slots are SD than I don't need 2 different types of media with me, just SD) What are the benefits of CF that seem to land it on all "Pro" gear.

3. Also, what is the downside to the front piece being plastic? Just a little more rugged for the field?

4. What exactly was stripped down to make the D600 (more) affordable when compared to the 5DmkIII which is seen as a pro camera? What was the trade off? This I ask because if what was left out to drop the price is something I can live without (no CF slot), than it might be a good fit for me, but if the price is lower because the RAW pictures just aren't as good, then I might have to look at spending an extra chunk of money to get a "pro" level body.

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow