Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Plakanina
Contributing MemberPosts: 691Gear list
Like?
X-E1 EVF
Sep 20, 2012

I love the idea, size and looks of the X-E1, it's almost perfect .... but.

Just tried out an OM5 with EVF, needless to say it has been returned.. Not my thing at all but quite sure it's fine for some.

Anyway EVF is just about useless in the studio using strobes. Reason being you have a viewfinder struggling with a 150w tungsten modeling lamp plus the WB will look so orange and grainy as you would have set WB to daylight for the strobes.

So the Xpro with OVF is the way to go if you plan on doing some studio shoots like me.

Looks like I may have to get both....... first the Xpro while they still have the discounted price.

"The X-pro1 has replaced all my other cameras (including full-frame DSLR) as my go-to-camera for work and play, without exception... I've sold everything else, and now shoot exclusively with the X-Pro1 whether it be in studio or on location, for magazine or campaign work... and am amazed by the quality of the images and ease of use every time... My clients love that I use such a small camera, and are more than confident in my abilities without the slightest concern, no more carrying tons of bulky equipment!!!" Alex Lambrechts

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow