Is the NEX 7 worth purchasing now or............

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
jmeier
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Is the NEX 7 worth purchasing now or............
In reply to probert500, Sep 20, 2012

The NEX-7 at 24.3MP delivers far more detail and image size than you're going to need, shooting any compact camera. I have the NEX-7 and the Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 lens, and it's an incredible combo...

I thought about getting the LA-EA2 adapter and starting to use A-mount Zeiss glass, but I just read today that they are coming out with a new line of Zeiss primes for the NEX line, and I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the E mount lenses for now...

There is supposed to be a good "G" series zoom coming as well...

As for when to "Jump in" with any system, the best time is now... There will always be another model coming out, new features added, etc... You're never going to be on top of the game for any length of time, unless you have an unlimited bank account. The NEX-7 delivers resolution that is way beyond what most anyone needs, and regardless of what new "features" come along, they're not going to change my ability to shoot pictures,, learn and get better... It's all nice, but you can take great shots with a pinhole camera too sometimes...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow