Panasonic GF2 vs GF3

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
keekimaru
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Panasonic GF2 vs GF3
In reply to Setter Dog, Sep 20, 2012

I just got my GF2 today. This is going to be a preliminary review after a few poking around. I still need more time to play with it a bit more to get the best out of it. However, I just want to give some information to people who want to get this camera. Some information is better than no information at all, right? So please don't throw bricks on me for reviewing an item I just have for a few hours.

Before I get this camera, I did quite some extensive research on it. Let's talk about the cons people concern about. The major complaints for this camera are that:

1. The mode dial on top has been removed compared to the GF1.

I think I don't miss the mode dial for one. I own another DSLR camera with all the mode dials and bottons here and there. Yes, it gives you the convenience. However, my purpose of getting this camera is because of its small size so that I can bring it out more often than the big DSLR, not to mention all the attention the big DSLR draws. I want to practice photography, not mode dialing! By the way, the mode dial is replaced by a big icon, be it 'M' 'S' 'A', etc. on the upper left corner of the screen. One touch of that icon lets you choose any mode you want. So all you miss is a tweak of the dial from a touch of the screen.

More Review : http://www.webcamerawebcamera.com/detail.php?id_detail=Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GF2-12-MP15-Micro-Four-Thirds-Interchangeable-Lens-Digital-Camera-with-3-0-Inch-Touch-Screen-LCD-and-14mm-f-2-5-G-Aspherical-Lens-%28Black%29&website=forums-dpreview

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow