Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SamNC
Regular MemberPosts: 218
Like?
possible m4/3 system on the cheap
Sep 20, 2012

I have a D7000 with all the relatively hi-end lenses for the typical enthusiast (i.e. 80-200 f/2.8; 11-16 f/2.8, 85 f/1.8, 35 f/1.8 DX etc...) I doubt I will dump the D7000 for FF, but the idea of a 15 f/8 m 4/3 pancake lens seems exciting...plus, I want a very small pocketable camera.

So, I am thinking about getting a cheap refurbished m 4/3 system. I am thinking about either the PEN E-PL1 or the E-PM 1, both of which is under $200 refurbished. Any suggestions on which one is better?

Will the second generation give me anything more other than costing me about $100 extra?

Finally, is the 17 f/2.8 as bad as what some reviewers said?

Actually one more question...is it reasonable for me to keep the D7000 for my general photography use, and get the OLY for a pocket kind of camera? I will certainly not buy a system around the OLY, but want something small and portable. The OLY plus the 15 f/8 seems very tempting for an always in the pocket camera that is better than the run of the mill compact camera.

Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow