First impression of 45 and 12-24 lenses

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
mathOS
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: First impression of 45 and 12-24 lenses
In reply to Thomas Wieser, Sep 20, 2012

Thomas Wieser wrote:

I took photos of a member of staff with my NX10 and the 45mm lens at f1.8 and found it to be very sharp wide open, nice background blur and if you zoom in on the eye it is very sharp and contrasty. I got the impression that this lens is not meant as cheapo 50mm lens and is built to deliver high quality.

The lens is not as small as the pancakes but there are no features that compromise quality to make it small.

Thanks a lot for the feedback !

Since the new prime is neither 55mm nor pancake, it truly HAS TO deliver superior IQ. Things like the fact that the lens has 9 blades look promising, but they don't even mention it in most of their press releases (while they do say that it is a great lens for... food photography o.O). Also, they don't say a word about the choice of an unusual focal length (equivalent 69mm on full-frame) which is considered by many as a little too short for flattering portraits. IMHO their marketing division forgets way too often that we're talking about photographic equipment...

-- hide signature --
 mathOS's gear list:mathOS's gear list
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samyang 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow