Samsung's photo revival plan

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Thomas Wieser
Contributing MemberPosts: 700Gear list
Like?
Re: NX lenses important? poppycock!
In reply to tecnoworld, Sep 20, 2012

tecnoworld wrote:

I think NX system is just NOT Samsung's priority. They are presenting new commericial models, like Galaxy Cam, and they don't even mention new NX models. I think they decided to stay on this segment, rather than competing in the - now crowded - mirrorless market.

Yesterday I have visited Samsung at Photokina Cologne and the NX system featered very prominently, Samsung used more place and staff to present their NX system than Fuji or Panasonic.

I was very astonished how big the Samsung presence at the Photokina is as in the past I, too thought that Samsung did not enough to promote the NX system. To me the Samsung display at Photokina made the impression of a big wealthy company that means to take their share of the market. I hope they go on like this.

If no new NX body with newer and better sensor is rumoured in few months, I'll consider stepping up to another mirrorless APS-C system (fuji is my #1 choice at present).

Why is a newer and better sensor necessary?

The new NX cameras are very succesfull when tested by photo mags and get good marks for picture quality. Yesterday I bought another magazine (digital photo) and found the NX20 to be at the top of the list as best camera. It is the processing speed and writing time that lets the cameras down in tests, not the sensor.

Besides FF cameras are getting cheaper and cheaper (new Nikon and Canon SLRs) so I guess it's almost time for "popular" FF mirrorless cameras in the range of 1500-2000 euro.

I am sure we will get these cameras but the cameras and lenses will get bigger and heavier so probably the market share is considered smaller and so not on top of priority for most manufacturers.

Thomas

http://nxaustria.blogspot.com/

Thomas Wieser's gear list:Thomas Wieser's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Samsung NX10 Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SonyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow