OVF vs EVF put to rest

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,631Gear list
Like?
Re: OVF vs EVF put to rest
In reply to Piginho, Sep 20, 2012

Piginho wrote:

There are many types of photography that would not suit the process of magnifying the image before capture, as I have highlighted in other posts. Therefore, in these situations, for me, OVF is far superior, despite some of the other obvious benefits of EVF.

True but that is usually for action photography where we rely on AF because of it's greater speed. In those situations we have to rely on the accuracy of the camera AF. Nothing can beat a magnified EVF view for macro.

OVF vs EVF will never be put to bed, so why don't we all just use what we like and get on with it?

True at least for now but never is a long long time. I can see a time when EVFs will be so good that the need for an OVF will disappear for everybody. It just hasn't happened yet. Much of the resistance to EVFs is for purely aesthetic reasons.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow