If I were Hasselblad....

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rehabdoc
Contributing MemberPosts: 906
Like?
Re: Hasselblad's dilemma
In reply to Keit ll, Sep 20, 2012

I'd just wait till we see a product before I hammer than as hard as some have.

Yes the price is very high, and people are paying a large name premium (as with Leica)...

...but it's not fair to assume that The people at Hasselblad (and Sony) are simply deeply stupid or cynical. The idea that Hasselblad is simply slapping gold plated and carved wood "body kits" on NEX 7 cameras (a la putting a gold plated body kit on an Acura to charge triple for it) and charging $5000 for it, seems a little presumptuous.

I think part of the extreme derision we've seen from some people is also that the designs are ostentatiously ugly to many people's modern sensibilities, and suggests Hasselblad is out of touch. The designs shown look like something that would only appeal to some Saudi prince who has money but doesn't know better, or some very very old Texan or soemthing. Like the interior of a 1980s mega-yacht slapped onto an modern looking silver colored E-mount lens.

I'm reserving judgment for now. I don't think that the people at Hasselblad are that stupid and i dont think Sony would co-brand if t were because the Sony brand might even get a mild black eye if this was just stupid body kits by Hasselblad.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow