Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312
Like?
P880 pics from me.
Sep 20, 2012

A lovely (at least to me) street scene where every body and everything seems to be in the right position, lovely Kodak(oly..?) colors, nice mood, I have spent several minutes to enjoy it... 24mm can do things happen... Thats why I didn't got fuji X10, Nikon P7000/7100, and I am very disappointed once again with them... still they refuse to give people what they need... they are moving around apertures, screens, and styling in general... but they don't touch the holy grail of street photography.... a nice 24mm equiv. lens.... and these that offer this option I simply don't like them... so enjoy P880 @ 24mm

The little story behind this shot... I kindly asked the painter if I could take a shot of his hands and he positively answer to me """yes""" .... But the Kodak daemon decided differently... firstly the cr@p decided not to focus... I tried everything macro, high contrast areas - whatever I tried simply had no success... Finally I decided the manual focus... Oh yes the Kodak God was there to save the day... So I was there... behind the painter... using the lovely manual focus... O god.... the camera got frozen... exactly the moment I pressed the shutter.... the camera got frozen... nothing could be done except to remove the battery... Decisive moment.... I love this term every time I use my P880... But this one... was the best of all.... LOL... So I turn again on the camera after the battery removal... and voila... everything is back to life but the battery is dead... when previously was Ok.... Thanks God I had two spares in my jeans pocket... And finally I got the shot... So enjoy it...

And here a Olympus EPL2 - Samyang 7.5mm landscape in Kodak colors...

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X10 Nikon Coolpix P7000 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow