5Dm3 + 70-200/2.8 II + 2X III

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
StefanJ
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
The gear
In reply to StefanJ, Sep 20, 2012

I have to give credit to the gear obviously. It's a great camera and the lenses are fantastic.

I used it for the first time during my vacation and it was a delight to work with.

StefanJ wrote:
Thank you.

I didn't really think much about the AF, which obviously means it was doing what it was supposed to. Since I don't have much reference for birds I don't know if they were moving less or more than usual. They were following a boat, so I would think it was more predictable, even if they changed direction sideways all the time.

The focus did hunt a few times, but not really so much to hinder the session. When it had found the focus it followed pretty well.

Again, I don't have any reference, but it seems to have worked for me this time at least

I would like to shoot a car/motorcycle race or a soccer match at some point with the same setup.

StickmanBangkok wrote:

Purely in terms of image quality, these are wonderful shots - well done!

How did you find the AI servo performance with the 2x converter? I assume it worked well, based on those shots as you seem to have nailed the focus of moving objects. Did you find it any slower or it took any longer to hunt and lock focus?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow