X100 disappointment (but not Fuji fault!)

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,815Gear list
Like?
X100 disappointment (but not Fuji fault!)
Sep 20, 2012

The X-Trans sensor has encouraged me to try this format, wooing me away from my m4/3 gear. And the X-E1 in particular intrigued me, enough to put one on order. But since I am not used to rangefinder type of cameras, I decided to buy an X100 to tide me over until the X-E1 arrived.

But not a new one, I wanted a good used one. So I decided to order the X100 Limited Edition from Amazon Warehouse, since that is guaranteed. I even paid for overnight shipping, and was thrilled that it arrived today.

Alas, all was not well in Fujiville. The package was missing a battery, and the camera was an old silver one, not the black. Looks like someone pulled a fast one on Amazon and kept the black and returned their older silver version. It had some significant wear marks, too.

Gee, I had three days of photo shoots planned, ranging from indoor to waterfalls. Now I'm really disappointed! I learned my lesson, and will just wait for the X-E1. And follow all your Fuji experiences on this forum.

-- hide signature --
 John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow