Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,342Gear list
Like?
Re: Go D600!!! - I want 5D3 for Christmas for $2,500 or less
In reply to sandy b, Sep 20, 2012

sandy b wrote:

Those deals are over as you well know. and the it was 700 not a thousand

Those particular two yes, but they were not good enough anyway. The point of this thread is that D600 should bring the price of 5D3 even further down. Now that D600 got the highest DXOmark score of any camera other than D800, I am no longer sure $2,500 is low enough for 5D3. Canon is not just in trouble, but in a deep hole. The entry level FF Nikon beats the sensor IQ of the best Canon by an embarrassing margin. I bet some people would prefer D600 to 5D3 even at the same price.

I don't think the 5D3 deals are over for this year. Canon logically has two options, either dramatically drop the 5D3 production volume and keep the price up or substantially drop the price to sell the building inventory. We are seeing the latter so far and, if this continues, $2,500 deals before the New Year may become a reality. Canon may also issue a rebate ($400 off a deal price would be welcome).

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow