What camera is best for street photography?

Started Sep 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,539Gear list
Like?
What camera is best for street photography?
Sep 20, 2012

Caveat, I use an NEX-5N right now and with the Zeiss 24 or my Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.4 I am really happy out and about most of the time. I do more than street photography and my 5N is limited in some of what I want to do and the external controls are lacking so that's a bit of a pain. But lately, I am feeling the lure of full frame so I figured I'd ask around. The D600 and the 35/1.4 is appealing to me. However, when I read the Nikon forum it seems like there is an oversampling of landscape shooters. I have no desire for landscape shooting so maybe the D600 isn't a good street camera???

What camera - lens combo do you use for street photography and is it the perfect combo for you or what would you prefer ideally? I probably have no chance to get a Leica and lenses, so I'd prefer not to add Leicas to this discussion; though, you're free to note how much you love your Leica if that's what you shoot.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Nikon D600 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow