Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
chocjellybean26
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Re: RX100 with close up filter
In reply to _sem_, Sep 19, 2012

sem wrote:

chocjellybean26 wrote:

so just to get this straight... achromats would be the best quality as it will not have CA as much as single optic. HOWEVER as the RX100 has a smaller sensor you cannot use an achromat to get the super macro effect as most only go up to 4+ and the RX100 really needs around a 8+ ????

The sensor is not an issue here, the short zoom is. Weak diopters magnify enough when used on a 300mm lens (and do it at a very long working distance). Weaker achromats are useful on bridge cams with long zoom (and wide-enough aperture there, otherwise diffraction softens images).

The Raynoxes are good for the money I believe, and probably the right diameter too. You can also use a reversed short prime if you've got one lying around, 50mm is +20 diopters - but attaching heavy lenses is also an issue.

thank-you _ sem _ I've only used macro lenses on my dslr.

You seem to be knowledgeable with the close up filters. I was wonder (or if anyone else could help) would the Raynox MSN-202 Super Macro Conversion Lens (+25 diopter) ( http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/d_slr/index.html ) be too much for the RX100? Or too much for someone who hasn't used macro close up filters before, especially on a zoom lens not prime? eBay have the Raynox DCR-250 and MSN-202 for about $20 difference. If the MSN-202 is workable I would prefer this filter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow