Evenings at the local airport (C&C welcome)

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ProfessorJon
Regular MemberPosts: 489
Like?
Evenings at the local airport (C&C welcome)
Sep 19, 2012

These days there seems to be a lower percentage of the threads with actual photos in them. Probably because of all the cool, new gear releases. I thought that I'd add some recent photos to the forum. With fall approaching, the weather here has been great. I've had some time to visit the local airport and try to improve my photo skills.

All shots are with a D80 and a 70-300 VR cranked out to 300 mm except for the "do not turn prop" photo which was 98 mm and the jet silhouette which used the 18-135 lens.

C&C are very much welcome. Thanks for taking a look.

1: Jet silhouette.

2: A T-6 taking off. My attempt at panning to blur the background.

3: Refueling.

4: Maintenance in progress.

5: Helicopter landing. Here is an attempt at blurring the rotor blades of a helicopter. They do not spin nearly as fast as plane props. So you need slow shutter speeds to get any blur. With the long focal length, I'm finding it difficult to get sharp photos. VR helps here a lot. In the future I want to try even slower shutter speeds to get more blur.

6: It's no P-51, but even a Cessna can look good in the right light.

Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow