Olympus om-d, shots from the weekend!

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus om-d, shots from the weekend!
In reply to ThomCull, Sep 19, 2012

ThomCull wrote:

May I ask what your kit is with the OM-D and if you have anything you don't like regarding it? I'm currently using a Canon 300D (bought in 2004) and I'm looking to jump ship into the m4/3 waters

I made the same jump at the end of April and have really been enjoying the E-M5, since. I'd pretty much quit carring the 300D around, most of the time, but the E-M5 goes practically everywhere with me.

I bought it with the kit lens and have added an Olympus 45mm f/1.8, Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and Olympus 40-150mm.

I like all of the lenses, really - the kit lens and 40-150mm make a great daytime walk around pair. The 20mm is compact and good for low light, but a bit on the slower side when autofocusing. The 45mm is also fast and takes some beautiful pictures. I'm done buying lenses for 2012, but I will probably trade in the 20mm Pany for the new 17mm Oly early next year and see what else I'd like to add to fill out the gaps.

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow