Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HDcamfan
Regular MemberPosts: 373
Like?
How bad (or good) is the Pen IBIS?
Sep 19, 2012

I think it is pretty much universally accepted that the EM5 IBIS is pretty special. So where does that leave the Pen IBIS, especially relating to the new models as by all accounts it is the same as in the older Pens and lots of posts seem to indicate it is not that great.

Brief background. I was planning on getting an EM5 but after several test runs in the shop I just didn't like the ergonomics. For me (a GF2 user and previous P&S upgrader) I think the EPM2 has a lot of what I want, apart from the 5 axis IBIS. At least it has some IBIS but is it any good?

My main lens is the 20mm but will also get the 45mm. Any thoughts on what the IBIS will be like for these two? I don't have it now with the GF2 but really like the idea of it if it works well.

Also when asking - as the sensor has been upgraded should we expect much better video performance from the new Pens?

Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow