Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomjones_85
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
x100 after 3 months, my thoughts..
Sep 19, 2012

So I bought the black limited edition x100 and i'm pretty happy with it. I was a micro four thirds guy, and sold a bunch of it to afford the x100. Here are some thoughts and then some pics

Coming from m43, waking up from sleep and powering on takes a second or two, even with a sandisk extreme 95mb/s. That has caused me to miss a few shots.

I shoot with the ovf 90% of the time, and thought the focus square is bigger than can be on the evf, I barely miss focus.

I don't know if the limited edition is different from the silver version, but my exposure comp has not been moved accidentally, maybe its stiffer.

Dust has crept into the optical viewfinder and just beneath the front lens element. Not to concerned at this moment, but will bring it to fuji near the end of my warranty.

The lack of auto-iso on/off for a configurable button is most annoying to me. Especially as I use the ef-20 a lot and would love an easy way to deactivate auto-iso.

Although it might seem i'm complaining but overall I love the camera. Leaf shutter, built in ND, external controls and amazing image quality are all things I love about the camera.

Was going to shoot with it until the 23mm/f1,4 xf lens came out, but seeing how big that lens looks as a prototype, I can see my self having the x100 for a very long time

tomjones_85's gear list:tomjones_85's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +6 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow