ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alecto25
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Filters for 15-85 and 70-300L
Sep 19, 2012

Hi,

So I've decided on getting the canon 15-85mm and 70-300L for the 7D that I have also decided upon. So now I figure I need to figure out which filters to get for the lenses.

I am going to Hawaii and bringing both lenses. I plan to shoot landscapes/scenery/walkaround stuff with the 15-85. For the 70-300L, I'm planning on shooting whales from a boat, animals, surfers, interesting people from afar. I may also take it out to do landscapes if i'm far away and want to zoom in on something cool like a volcano peak or something

I will be with my family during the trip so stopping to switch a bunch of things won't be very practical if i want to stay in their good graces. So simplicity would also be nice

For 15-85mm

I know I need a cpl. Do I also need a UV filter or can I leave the cpl on full time? Is there a way to rotate the cpl so that the effect could be turned 'off' in a sense? Any other suggestion?

for 70-300mm

I want a filter to make it weather sealed with the body. For the type of shots I mentioned, would I also want a CPL? or just a regular UV filter? Or something else entirely?

Thanks!

alecto25's gear list:alecto25's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow