CZ Sonnar 38/2.8 from Contax T adapted for NEX

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
harvey_tbee
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Re: CZ Sonnar 38/2.8 from Contax T adapted for NEX
In reply to Magnus Wedberg, Sep 19, 2012

Nicely built, and I like the results, although I think you should've used a decent Cmount/Nex adapter for such an expensive lens, the plastic cap doesn't do it justice. Does it lock for example, and can't it get mounted in three different positions? In the beginning of my Minotar for Nex project I used lens caps too, but I soon decided they deserved a better solution. Assuming you won't build large quantities of these beauties, you could consider spending a few more bucks

Tip for future builds: there are quite some half frame rangefinder cameras with more than reasonable quality lenses which won't cost you this much money. Their focal length is often 28-32 mm, which fits APS-C better. Try the Agfa Optima Karat for instance. Tessar type lens with front lens focusing; nothing wrong with the Tessar design, I love this particular one! I've got plenty of them now, I won't mention the cameras I'm still after

Lots of success!

Harv

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow