Like?
Re: I love my 5d3, but...
In reply to bobn2, Sep 19, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

papparazzi wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

papparazzi wrote:

AdamScot wrote:

The D7000 is well put together - a bit less metal in the body than the 5D2 and 7D, but more comprehensive sealing than either of them, so each has its pros and cons regarding build quality - no simple 'consumer/professional' divide.

-- hide signature --

Adam

That simply is a lie...the 7D is built like a tank, watch DigitalreV video of him trying to destroy a 7D....you will be surprised.

He also failed to destroy a D90. 7D might be 'built like a tank', but it's actually built the same way as the D7000 and D600, plastic chassis metal outer panels. It's just got a few more metal panels.
You can see what the 7D looks like inside here

Not a whole load different from the D7000

-- hide signature --

Bob

Wrong again, all canon from the bottom are built around a stainless chassis, all of them...not plastic

Canon marketing fooled you.
Here's the 5DIII again

You can see the 'stainless chassis' - it is that metal bracket at the bottom. The lens mount's still screwed into the plastic bits (maybe some metal inserts) but the chassis is plastic, unlike the 1D series where it is metal.

If you look hard you can see a similar metal bracket in the D7000 (it runs in a slot through the plastic moulding)
--
Bob

Darn it..you are right! I have been fooled by thinking it was all metal :\

You know why? If you see the images like this one:

It seem's the mount if fixed to the magnesium alloy but on further inspection...it really is fixed on the mirror box...errrrrrrrrrr

Tell me do the Nikon's D300s and D700 like this or only the D7000/D600..

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 papparazzi's gear list:papparazzi's gear list
Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FYINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow