Should I hang on with Sony?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Arize
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: Your choice...
In reply to chlamchowder, Sep 19, 2012

Does anyone know if the A99 will have better dynamic range than the 5DMKIII given the translucent mirror? I need to upgrade from my MKII and I’m really torn on which way to go. Being able to recover dark shadows in LR is a really important part of my editing process because I don't use flash and my subjects tend to have a lot of shadows on their faces. I was able to order the 5DIII from Adorama for $2750 during a one day sale (waiting to receive). I also want to upgrade from the Mark2 because the autofocus really sucks. I like what I hear about the autofocus on the 5D3 but I am a sucker for a good EVF and SWIVEL SCREEN. I'm currently invested in Canon L glass but I will be willing make the switch if there is a noticeable improvement in file quality from the A99 in combination to the EVF and swivel screen. I have scoured the internet and info on IQ from the A99 is scarce.

Arize's gear list:Arize's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow