Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Switch to the new Mac Pro?
Sep 19, 2012

I'll start this thread off by stating I'm a newbie to digital photography...

I've always been a windows user so I'm hesitant to switch. I've been looking at getting a new laptop for home since the only one I have is my work laptop. I really like the new MacPros with the retinal display and the solid state drives. I plan on using the laptop for my photography and video editing.

With that being said, is it worth the extra cost to upgrade to the new MacPros? Or should I just settle on a less expensive laptop that is still considered "beefy" (8GB, 500 hard drive, 2.6 ghz, good graphics card, etc). I'm an enthusiast so time is not money for me.

Also, if I were to choose the new MacPros, is there a big difference in me getting the 2.3ghz or 2.6ghz, 256GB solid state drive or 512 solid state drive or even upgrading the RAM from 8gb to 16gb? I use lightroom to edit my photos and PS premiere for videos. I also have the CS6 and plan to learn that program as well.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I'm a "go big or go home" kind of guy so I like the best of the best.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow