How would you like YOUR D400 to be, for how much??

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
sfried
Contributing MemberPosts: 602Gear list
Like?
Re: How would you like YOUR D400 to be, for how much??
In reply to mistermejia, Sep 19, 2012

Unlike many here, I am actually looking forward to video. Ever since I began shooting seriously, first with my D70 and then the D300, I have stopped taking video since I don't like lugging around another camera. Looking back at the past 6-7 years of my family pics, I wish I had taken more video.

Other than that, I would like resolution of anywhere from 16 to 24px as long as the fps stays at around 6 or 8.

Fast AF and a usable iso range of 100-12,800.

I am pretty sure I would pay up to $1800.00

mistermejia wrote:

Hi folks. It seems to me that most of you don't even mention buil-in VIDEO. Would that be because you would automatically expect the camera to have it, or because you just don't care for video??? I have never used the video function from my D7000.

I wonder how much Nikon is charging for the cost to have video in the cameras. Me personally, i would like a D400 WITHOUT video, for me is a waste of money because i shoot both video and photos SEPARATELY with my video camcorder, i can't shoot both at the same time straight from the camera so what is the point of having it??? I rather like Nikon to deduct the cost of putting video in the camera and rather have them use that extra space in the camera to put in more important functions and features and pay around $1599 or so for a really solid new fantastic body.

what about you?

-- hide signature --

D300, SB800, 105/f2.8 VR, 50/f1.8, 70-300 VR, Nikon 16-85, Tamron 17-50

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solfried

sfried's gear list:sfried's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow