Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
novacorj
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Choosing between Nikon 17-55m f2.8 vs Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 vs tamron 17-50mm f2.8
Sep 19, 2012

Hey everyone, I am about to purchase a D7000 now that the price dropped and having a hell of a time deciding on which lens I should buy. I could go used Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 or do I go new sigma/tamron 17-50mm f2.8

I used to have a canon rebel but never used much more than kit lenses. In terms of what i photorgraph its primarily for vacations, family get togethers, sporting events. While on vacation I like taking pictures of buildings, landscapes, architecture, and art. Sporting is allot of football which as wek now can run into the night so that is important.

I guess my biggest question is do i sacrafice minimally on image sharpness and go with a 3rd party vendor like sigma/tamron, and if so which do you prefer and why, or do I sacrafice image stabilization and go with the gold standard nikon lens. I know that with shooting sports the image stabilization associated with the other lesns becomes a negligible point but will I regret it in long run when taking photos of other things.

Reson I am so interested is I'm going on a really once in a life time vacation to Europe in December and want to bring the right equipment.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow