Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albino_BlacMan
Contributing MemberPosts: 962
Like?
Where does a D700 shooter go?
Sep 19, 2012

So now that the D600 has been released where does an enthusiast/amateur D700 sports shooter go? The D800 looks great! Better sensor and better AF but you lose the FPS and I doubt the sensor improvements would show up if you're shooting DX crop. (I guess maybe I should ask a question here. Has anyone compared D800 DX crops to D700 full res images? Which one looks better?) The other thing is that you're basically paying 3k for a D7000 with better AF because basically throwing away half the sensor.

The D600 adds a few FPS helping slightly with the low FPS problem (I could probably get by with 5.5,, 4 is too slow though) but what about the AF? Is that going to be a downgrade from the D700? If it is does a D700 amateur sports shooter have anywhere to go in the Nikon lineup now or is the D700 still the best camera for the job?

Maybe D700 shooters are left waiting for D3s prices to come down to the D800 level.
--
Chris

http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/Albino_BlacMan/index

Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow