Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
The new X10 sensor is beyond delight - Gulls
Sep 19, 2012

When dpreview tested the new sensor for the x10 I noticed the distinct improvement in the colour retention at higher iso values without any noticeable increase in colour noise.

Accordingly it seemed reasonable that the colour clarity would follow through at lower iso values in the field, an improvement in the already excellent colour characteristics of the old sensor. I hoped for a leap forward in image clarity as opposed to an increase in image sharpness.

Today, first time out with the returned camera, an early spring morning promising scattered rain and cloud - I put the camera in advanced low light mode, after the first shot instant delight turned to being lost in the exquisite colour delivered from the new sensor. A giddy waltz in the heady world fine colour tone akin to the old days of premium film.

Subtle colour shades further belied the tiny size of the x10 sensor and it was as if I was using an updated version of my Fuji s3pro. Uncharacteristically then, I set the film to Velvia and revelled in the film like quality.

The beautiful tones at this level of equipment lie on the cusp of overexposure, accordingly I mainly erred towards blown highlights.

These are some images from earlier today which include seagulls.

Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow