replacement for epl1 - Panny GH2 or Sony SLT

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
alendrake
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: replacement for epl1 - Panny GH2 or Sony SLT
In reply to Gavin69, Sep 19, 2012

As other guys mentioned, apart from replacement fro your dead EPL1 you need a fast lens. I never used Sony SLTs, but I believe the choice and prices of Alpha lenses are similar to Canon/Nikon which I both owned. So if you decide for Sony A57, for head portraits 50mm 1.8 should be fine and if will give you great DOF. Similarly if you go for m43, Olympus 45mm 1.8 though a little more tele, but should give also great results.

For wider portraits (say 2-3 kids together) in M43 you could use the excellent Panasonic Leica 25mm 1.4 for $540 and for A57 the 35mm 1.8 lens for just $220 respectively. So in general for the applications you mentioned Sony SLT will be a bulkier but cheaper solution, because in my opinion native M43 portrait lenses are a somewhat unreasonably overpriced.

Although to be fair, I don't know how the mentioned SLT lenses perform for video, but these m43 ones are optimised for it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow