OVF vs EVF put to rest

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,270Gear list
Like?
No trolling from me. My experience disagrees with yours
In reply to Kriekira, Sep 19, 2012

Kriekira wrote:

BMWX5 -- No reason to make guesses. MarkSA's experience matches mine. I have and use an a900, an a850, and an a77. I print using Epson printers up to 36" x 50". The view in the a77 EVF is such a poor approximation of what the pictures look like on screen or when printed that I have to conclude that you are trolling for attention and are not interested in intelligent discussion.

Please let me know what your experience is, with what equipment, and why your experience differs so completely from MarkSA's and mine.

No camera ever made gives a final image that is totally true to the original.

I use an A55 and A65 and have previously used OVF SLR's (Film) and DSLRs (A100). For me the EVF gives me a more realistic representation of the final image. It is real enough that I can adjust exposure and white balance while looking in the EVF to more realistically match the real scene in the final image while the OVF always looks right regardless of my camera settings.

For example when photographing in incandescent light what looks right in an OVF usually looks orange in the final image. With the EVF I see that orange look and can adjust the WB to make the final image look right.

This is my experience and I am not trolling for attention. Do you always accuse people of trolling when they disagree with you?
--
Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow