Any A55 owners moved to the A65 or A37 lately? Great leaps forward?

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bigchiefally
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Any A55 owners moved to the A65 or A37 lately? Great leaps forward?
Sep 19, 2012

Hi,

Whilst waiting, (for a long time!), for work to provide owed funds so I can buy either an a37 or an a65 I have just seen some clearance A55s at a price lower than the A37.

I hadnt even considered the A55 but having seen these has got me thinking.

I know the tech is a year or 2 older than the A37 but I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has moved from the A55 to either of these cameras (or even their sister cameras, the A57 and A77) and would care to comment on if they think the next generation is a great leap forward or not.

To give you an idea of what I am after I will tell you why I am thinking of the A37 and A65.

I like the A37 because it is small, is relatively cheap, its burst mode is probably fast enough and it apparently has a decent image quality.

I am considering the A65 for its better EVF, its better screen and GPS, though I am maybe a little worried about the low light performance, being from Ireland where it is sunny 3 days a month and all, plus I will be taking a fair number of indoor photos... I kind of discounted the A57 because the only thing I really wanted in it over the A37 was the better screen, and I can get an A65 for not that much more.

So essentially the A55 would seem to have a couple of enhancements I would really like over the A37 - GPS and better screen. There have to be some drawbacks though, which is where I would like to hear from any owners who have had both.

Many thanks!

Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow