X-Pro1 Manual Focus Zoom: FUJI FIX THIS!

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cyclopedia Brown
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
X-Pro1 Manual Focus Zoom: FUJI FIX THIS!
Sep 19, 2012

Recently I have been using the EVF so I can manual focus my Fuji so that I can shoot fast and get shots that aren't in such sharp focus. It is a style issue for me. I have also been shooting at a faster pace.

What I found in shooting in this new style was a bit frustrating to me. When the X-Pro1 is writing files to the SD card the ability to zoom in for focus is disabled and you must wait for the writing to stop in order to zoom for focus again. So although you can shoot pictures while it is writing and look through the EVF, you cannot use the zoom to make sure that your focus is accurate.

This has annoyed me quite a bit and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue or if there is a way to fix it in the settings? If not I would very much love for Fuji to address this in future firmware updates, as it presents itself as a problem in several real world applications.

-- hide signature --

Cyclopedia Creative Media
"Ideas that speak volumes"
Chi "Cyclopedia" Brown
http://CyclopediaCreativeMedia.com
@Cycreativemedia
facebook.com/CyclopediaCreativeMedia

Cyclopedia Brown's gear list:Cyclopedia Brown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow